Dr. Cohen is a clinical psychologist and works with children and adults of all ages. He is the owner /director of The Center of Psychology.
Dr. Cohen is a specialist in wellness and work-life balance. He has expertise in training others in use of emotional expression and body language to improve confidence, personal and business relationships, and effectiveness in sales.
Dr. Cohen received his Bachelor's degree from the University of Vermont and his M.A. and Doctorate from the Georgia School of Professional Psychology. He served in the Residency and Post-Doctoral programs in Pediatric Psychology at the Children's Hospital of Michigan/Wayne State University Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience. Dr. Cohen also served with the National Health Services Corps for four years.
Areas of focus include:
- Children and Families:
- Parent Training
- Behavioral Management Techniques
- Mood Disorders:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy to address depression, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Improving professional relationships and interpersonal skills
- Professional, motivational, and informative presentations
- Reducing inter-office conflict and improving communication skills for supervisors, administrators, and employees